As a member of Libraries Tasmania, you can:
- borrow up to 15 physical items (maximum of 2 console games).
- have up to 15 holds on physical items – search our catalogue.
- download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines.
- access a variety of online resources from home.
We do not charge overdue fees, so if you are late returning a book, please drop it off to a library at your earliest convenience.
- Books, CDs, DVDs and games: 3 weeks
- Magazines (physical): 1 week
- New Release Express Service: 1 week
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines: Up to 21 days
Renewing your loans
Most loans can be renewed twice if they haven’t been requested by another member. If we have your email address, we will remind you to renew or return your loans. You can ask for a renewal at your local library, or you can renew your loans in My Account.
Returning your loans
Loans can be returned to any of our libraries. Many of our libraries have after-hours return chutes – check the operating hours of the return chute of your local library.
You can place a hold on items that are in any of our libraries around the state and have them delivered to your local library, all for free. If you can’t find what you want in our catalogue, please ask our friendly staff to help you.
You can have up to 15 holds on physical items. When your hold is ready to collect, we will let you know and you will have 14 days to collect it.
The Libraries Tasmania Lending App
- Access your digital library card
- Link your family’s cards
- Search the lending collections
- See all your loans in the one place, including physical, eBooks and eMagazines
- Find your nearest library and more…
Go to The Libraries Tasmania Lending App for more information.