Libraries Tasmania welcomes offers of material that
- contributes to Tasmania’s history and
- helps to fill gaps in our collections.
Our priorities include:
- records of Tasmanian businesses, community organisations, churches and other groups
- letters, diaries, photos or other documents belonging to individuals or families living in Tasmania
- unpublished or published creative writing by Tasmanians or set in Tasmania
- Tasmanian photographs, prints or original works of art that document Tasmania’s history
- published or unpublished material on Antarctica and the whaling and sealing industries.
Libraries Tasmania reserve the right to accept or reject any donation if it does not meet our collection needs. We may turn down items due to limited space, condition or appropriateness. We do not accept items sent on approval.
Please use this collection offers form to offer Tasmanian heritage material to our collections.
If you are unsure if your records are significant, please contact us on (03) 6165 5538 or firstname.lastname@example.org before you discard, destroy or separate them.
You can also donate items of cultural significance to us through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program. Donations through this program are eligible for tax deductions.