What is online?
- Some images from Tasmanian schools, including plans of some schools
- Inward correspondence received by the school teacher for Cape Barren Island, 1929-1935 (AF45). The school teacher often did extra duties for the Police, Public Health, and Lands and Works Departments. They also had Electoral Office and census duties for the Commonwealth Government.
- Chronological list of inspectors’ reports on schools, 1890-1970 (AE958). This is a finding aid for records in Inspector Reports (ED30 and ED31)
- Applications for teaching positions and associated papers, 1862-1905 (ED2)The website lists the applicants
- Applications for registration of a teacher, 1910-1935 (CB23/6)
- Personal history cards of male teachers, 1886-1945 (ED238). Incomplete but helpful if the teacher’s file is missing. Female teachers do not have a similar set of cards.
Was this helpful?