What else is there?
- Patient files, 1857-1993 (HSD284) Not all files have survived. An item search is preferable (see above).
- Admission registers, 1830-1954 (HSD247) See also the following source.
- New Norfolk Invalid and Mental Asylum: Patient admission register, 1830 – 1930 by Dianne Cassidy. This work is based on the admission registers (HSD247 above) and is easier to use than the original source
- Register of death, transfer or discharge of patients, 1830-1966 (HSD254) Chronological. Note: There are access restrictions. Please contact us for more information.
- Alphabetical register of patients, 1888-1974 (HSD252)
- Patient files of the Millbrook Rise Psychopathic Hospital, 1934-1968 (AB372) Millbrook Rise merged with Lachlan Park Hospital in 1968 to form the Royal Derwent Hospital. These files contain only administrative correspondence. Clinical data is on the Case Book sheets, AB479 (see below)
- Register of patients’ next-of-kin, 1897-1979 (AB515) Chronological – by admission number (See Admission registers, 1830-1954 (HSD247) or Dianne Cassidy’s work for these numbers)
The patient files (HSD284) contain a mixture of clinical notes and administrative correspondence (often about the payment of accounts). The case books contain purely clinical information. These may contain copies of the admission papers (HSD285). See Admission registers, 1830-1954 (HSD247) or Dianne Cassidy’s work for admission numbers.
- All patients, 1845-1854 (HSD246)
- Male patients, 1849-1874 (HSD51)
- Records of patients transferred from the Asylum at Port Arthur, 1877-1893 (HSD54) There is an index at the front. This volume has been digitised.
- All patients, 1872-1938 (AB365)
- All patients, 1894-1979 (AB479) Patient records removed from case books.