Browse images online
Access many archives and heritage images online.
Searching online images
- Type in your keywords search, then select “image (online)” from the Format options
- Select the record from the results. Once opened, scroll down to the photograph.
- Click on Download button on top left of image and Open or Save image to get a copy.
Viewing archives images not online
- Ask to see an item in the History Room – part of the State Library of Tasmania and Tasmanian Archives Reading Room in Hobart. Note some items may not be viewed due to privacy or other reasons. Some images can be viewed on microfilm. Ask for microfilms using their copy number (for example Z2826).
- Order a copy – include details from the archives record such as the item and series number.
Using our images
- Images are available for private use. Publishers using our images must submit a permission form.
Was this helpful?