There are two categories of records:
What can I see online?
What else is there?
The inquest files (AGD20) cannot be accessed for seventy-five years from the current date unless you have permission from the Coronial Division.
Not all inquest findings have been digitised. Findings available online end in c.1973.
- Tasmania Police Gazettes 1861 – 1993 (POL709)
- Guide: How can I find out about a person’s birth, death or marriage?
- Tasmanian wills records
- Trove for newspaper notices
- Tasmanian Pioneer Index, 1803-1899
- Tasmanian Federation Index, 1900-1930
- Ryerson index of newspaper death notices (has gaps)