What is online?
Guides to the Public Records of Tasmania
Descriptions of government agencies and their records written in the 1950s-1970s
- Governor’s Office 1803-1932 – guidance to the records of the Office, such as official correspondence from 1816
- Colonial Secretary’s Office 1813-1855 – Clearing house for most official correspondence and the central registry for official papers
- Guide to convict administration records 1816-1877 – A description of convict administration and relevant records – see also the Guide: How do I find out about someone’s life as a convict?
- Records relating to Free Immigration 1816-1972 See also the Guide: How do I find out about a person’s arrival to or departure from Tasmania?
- 1823-1835 Inward despatches from the Under-Secretary of State for the Colonies, mostly regarding land grants (GO2)
- 1823-1932 Inward despatches from Britain to Van Diemen’s Land (GO1). Indexed by the Wayn index as “ID” Summaries available in AE713
- 1825-1855 Outward despatches from Van Diemen’s Land to Britain (GO33). Indexed by the Wayn index as “OD”. Summaries available in AE714
- 1837-1855 Votes and proceedings of the Legislative Council 1837-1855
- Find other online colonial government records using our subject guides to records.