18th January 2022
2021 was a year of great new reads from Tasmania, Australia and around the world. To celebrate, Libraries Tasmania have crunched the numbers and are excited to reveal the Top 10s of 2021.
The Libraries Top 10s showcases Libraries Tasmania’s contemporary collection of physical and online resources, enjoyed by thousands of Tasmanians each year, with over 2 million items borrowed in 2021.
Popular Tasmanian fiction writers Kyle Perry, Richard Flanagan and Heather Rose feature heavily across the categories, accompanied by Tasmanian non-fiction authors Sue Brierley, Steve Biddulph and Cassandra Pybus.
In 2021 the top 10 Tasmanian Adult Fiction titles were:
- Bruny by Heather Rose
- The Bluffs by Kyle Perry
- Mirror Man by Fiona McIntosh
- The Living Sea of Waking Dreams by Richard Flanagan
- The Labyrinth by Amanda Lohrey
- The Diamond Hunter by Fiona McIntosh
- A Week to Remember by Esther Campion
- Welcome to Nowhere River by Meg Bignell
- The Deep by Kyle Perry
- The Beautiful Mother by Katherine Scholes
Are you curious to know what books Tasmanian’s borrowed the most in 2021?
The complete list of Libraries Tasmania Top 10s can be found at libraries.tas.gov.au
Communications and Marketing – 6165 5550 or 0458 976 342