What is online?
For multiple items (for example SWD26):
- Scroll down to “items in series”
- Choose an item. This will link to more details
- View this record online is beside the item number
Queens Orphan School
- 1828-1863 Register of children admitted and discharged from the Male and Female Orphan School (SWD28/1/1)
- 1851-1863 Register of children admitted and discharged from the Infant School, Queen’s Orphan School (SWD6/1/1)
- 1859-1879 Applications for admission to the Queen’s Orphan School, with associated papers, volumes 1-12 (SWD26) Individual names in volumes 1-8 are in the Tasmanian Names Index.
- 1858-1879 Register of applications for admission to the Queen’s Orphan School (SWD27/1/1). The Tasmanian Names Index contains the child’s name for the years 1859-1864 (to volume 8 of SWD26). See also Applications for Queen’s Orphanage: Hobart Town 1858-1878 by Joyce Purtscher (not online)
- 1860-1886 Register of children apprenticed from the Queens Asylum (SWD32)
Launceston Benevolent Society
- 1869-1878 Indexed report book of the inspector on cases seeking aid (NS185/1/1)
- 1898-1915 Launceston Benevolent Asylum (NS1172/1/1) The Society manages these records