We connect Tasmanians to learning and information, their history and their communities. We also connect people from around the world to Tasmanian resources.
Our Volunteer Program offers a volunteer-friendly environment where volunteers work alongside, and are supported by, paid staff to value-add to our collections, services and programs.
Program and Services Support volunteers are involved in various activities that enhance our programs and services. This may include, but is not limited to:
- information technology (IT) related programs and services
- client assistance, for example guiding customers with IT or researching family history
- children’s activities, for example supporting Rock & Rhyme and Storytime
- administration and organisation
- displays and events.
Volunteers work as part of a team of staff and volunteers, and participate in activities under the direction and guidance of the local Volunteer Coordinator, or other nominated staff members.
Skills, experience and attributes
We look for Program and Services Support volunteers who:
- have good communication, organisational and listening skills
- are flexible, enthusiastic and open to change
- are able to work independently
- are reliable, use good judgement and seek to improve their skills
- are willing to gain or develop their digital skills to perform some tasks.
- support our strategic goals and values
- comply with the Tasmanian State Service Code of Conduct (State Service Act 2000) and our Service Commitment
- act in our best interests
In addition, you will need:
- a current Registration for Working with Vulnerable People;
- a completed Volunteer Commitment Agreement
Our volunteers make an invaluable contribution to our programs and services and enrich the lives of many. Our volunteer base is diverse and includes people of all ages and backgrounds who bring their unique experience, enthusiasm and knowledge to the role. Many volunteers gain satisfaction by making a positive difference in their local community and learning new skills.
Are you interested in becoming a Program and Services Support volunteer?
More details can be found on our Volunteer with us page.