Building from a position of strength
Over time we have developed a broad range of assets:
- World class services tailored to the uniquely Tasmanian environment.
- Expertly managed and curated collections.
- Investment in new and reimagined spaces.
- Commitment to digital access and digital capability.
- Empowered, skilled and dedicated workforce.
- Research-driven and evidence-based activities.
- Partnerships and collaboration.
- Strong infrastructure and network supported by the Department of Education.
We can take pride in our many achievements including:
- Memory of the World listing for our Tasmanian convict records.
- Sector leadership in digitisation of heritage collections in print, film and sound formats.
- Topping more than 100,000 public library members.
- Being one of the first public libraries in Australia to introduce a library app.
- Celebrating more than a decade of our world renowned 26TEN literacy program.
- Introducing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as a strategic driver